"Once she stopped rushing through life, she was amazed how much more life she had time for." - Unknown
I wake up between 4 and 4.30am most days, yet I still find myself rushing through my mornings. This morning, I decided to treat myself to a picnic on the beach. I'd seen a recipe for Rainbow Soba Salad on the Whole Foods app that inspired me to make a noodle salad for breakfast. This salad is full of vegetables and flavour - the perfect salad for a picnic!
Ingredients (makes about 3 servings - I ate half for breakfast and half for lunch)
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed and finely chopped
1 inch chunk of ginger, finely chopped
1 and a 1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt
fresh juice of half a lemon
2 carrots, finely chopped or grated
4 sweet potatoes, finely chopped or grated
2 beetroots, finely chopped or grated
3 kale leaves, finely sliced
100g packet sweet potato noodles
1 tbsp sesame seeds
handful of raw activated pistachios, chopped
1. Cook sweet potato noodles according to packet instructions (takes about 8 minutes).
2. While noodles are cooking, saute garlic and ginger in coconut oil for a few minutes.
3. Add the carrot, sweet potato, and beetroot, cover, and cook for about 10 minutes, until noodles are cooked (the root veggies don't need to be fully tender).
4. Rinse noodles under cold water and drain well.
5. Toss noodles, root veggies, and kale together.
6. Top with sesame seeds and pistachios.
*You can use different vegetables to what I used. I used very different veggies to the Whole Foods recipe - in fact, I also added garlic and ginger and made it into a completely different recipe. I'm the WORST at following recipes (even my own haha).